To gather, retain or collect rock/gravel/agate in Carlton County, MN an Agate Picking Permit must be obtained.
- PRINT the permit and maps from www.co.carlton.mn.us
- FILL IN your personal information.
- AGREE to terms and SIGN on signature line.
- ENTER the current date.
- SCAN or take a PHOTO of the permit and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your personal information may also be typed into the body of an email message in place of a copy of the form.
Purchase the agate location map via PayPal Transaction for $3.00 per group.
The Permit is good through October 31 of the current year.
Call 1-800-635-3680 with any questions.
Carlton County Agate Picking Map
$ 3.00 USD
A Carlton County Agate Picking Map includes a site directions and instructions on how to locate the gravel pits.
PURCHASED AGATE MAPS & PERMITS WILL BE MAILED TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED.